Last Updated January 15, 2018
Thank you for visiting the Cometcandy.com Website (“Site”) operated by Comet Candy Ltd. Co. We respect your privacy and are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
Section 1 – What information do we collect?
We collect information you provide us. For example, when you place an order on Cometcandy.com or enter a giveaway/contest, or submit a review, we may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Credit card and payment information
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We also collect website use information such as:
- Technical information about how customers interact with Site, including but not limited to IP addresses and browser types
- Operating systems, pages viewed, links, dates and times, and other information.
Section 2 – What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information for the following reasons:
- To complete and track orders
- To provide customer service
- To administer product giveaways and promotions
- To customize the shopping experience
- To improve website design and functionality
- To communicate by email with our customers from time to time to announce new products, flavors, industry news, or new events/promotions.
Section 3 – Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure your personal information is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed or altered. We have put in place appropriate electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. We encrypt certain information, such as credit card numbers, using standard encryption/security technology or secure sockets layer “SSL” for all financial transactions through the Site. Although we use industry standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, complete online security currently does not exist.
Section 4 – Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if you violate our Terms of Service.
We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of our contest winners.
Section 5 – COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Comet Candy is concerned about the safety and security of children. Our site is intended for a general audience, and not targeted to or intended for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we discover that we have received personal information from a child, we will delete that information from our records. If we discover that a child has emailed us regarding our company, products, or our ENGAGE! Initiative, then we will respond via email and promptly delete his/her personal information. If you are a parent or guardian who has knowledge that we have collected information from your child and you want to have that information removed, please contact us: privacy at sign cometcandy.com.
Section 6 – Opt Out/Corrections
If you would like us to correct or update or delete any personal information we have about you, or you simply want to withdraw your consent, you may contact us at: privacyinfo at sign cometcandy.com or by mail at:
Comet Candy Ltd. Co.
RE: Privacy Info
PO Box 50052
Boise, ID, 83705, U.S.A